Startline Young Driver Experience
So, what is Startline…?
Castle Combe Circuit’s NEW and IMPROVED Young Driver Scheme for 12-16 year olds!
... why wait until you’re 17 years old to get behind the wheel?
You now don’t have to wait until you’re 17 years old to get behind the wheel as Castle Combe Circuit launches its NEW and IMPROVED Young Driver Scheme, Startline…
- Learn within the safe confines of Castle Combe Circuit with tarmac paddock and circuit laid out to simulate real road conditions
- Let our DSA (Driving Standards Agency) Instructors teach you some basic manoeuvring skills including car control, road positioning, the use of the pedals and gears and driving co-ordination
- All cars are dual controlled
- All instructors are CRB registered
- Young drivers must be aged between 12-16 years and over 4’8” in height
- Maximum speed 30mph (Starter Drive) and 40mph (Advanced Drive)
- This is a "shared" driving experience. Maximum of 3 students per car.
What are our customers saying...?
"This was the best experience I've ever had" (A. Mundin, aged 13yrs, who received the Advanced Drive Course for a birthday present).
Purchasing a Startline Young Driver Experience as a Gift...?
Then look no further! You can purchase your gift for a specific time/date OR as a Gift Voucher. All Gift vouchers are valid for 12-months from date of purchase and come in an attractive presentation pack.
What does Startline entail...
Two Startline Young Driver Experiences are available to purchase
(a) Starter Driver... please see details below
(b) Advanced Drive... please see details below
Option A: Starter Drive
This 2-hour course starts with a full briefing... details on the course, explaining about safety and introducing you to your instructor and fellow drivers with whom you'll be sharing the car.
This is followed by 3 x driving sessions…
- Approx 15 minutes taking in the simulated road route within the Paddock area giving you the chance to learn basic driving skills and tackle simulated roundabouts, junctions and pedestrian crossings.
- Approx 15 minutes building on experience and confidence and even trying your hand at reversing.
- Your final drive will take you out on the circuit… it’s time to impress your friends, family and classmates as you drive a lap of the famous Castle Combe International Race Circuit following in the wheels of motor racing greats including Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell and David Coulthard!
Approx. 2-hour course with around 35 minutes actual driving time
£55 per young driver aged 12-16yrs
Option B: Advanced Drive
This 4-hour course starts with a safety briefing before you experience the ‘Beer Goggle Walk’ which gives you some indication of the influence of alcohol and how it effects driving. Meet your instructor and fellow drivers with whom you’ll be sharing the car and then it’s drivetime..!
- Approx 20 minute introduction focussing on feet/hand co-ordination tackling the Paddock roadway system allowing “real road situations” but in a safe traffic free environment
- Short debrief before its back into the car for a further 20 minutes driving but this time on a real motor racing circuit - Castle Combe International Race Circuit - which is still used regularly throughout the year for motor racing. Speed limits will be maintained.
- Then it’s the POWDER check (Petrol, Oil, Water, Damage, Electrics & Rubber), the basic safety checks all drivers should follow
- Final drive of approx. 25 minutes on the circuit to further develop your braking and cornering techniques
- A short debrief will end your session with a presentation of your Startline Advanced Drive Certificate.
Approx. 4-hour course with over 1hr of actual driving time
£95 per young driver aged 12-16yrs
Option C: Advanced PLUS Drive **NEW**
Introducing a course for all those students who have completed the Advanced Drive Course and now want to get even more experience behind the wheel!
The course aims to provide drivers with more drive time and new challenges such as parking and distractions. Following their safety briefing, students will meet their instructor and fellow drivers before reacquainting themselves with the car
- Drive 1 will work on the skills gained from the Advanced Drive Course as well as additional gear work, emergency stops, slalom and vision exercises
- A brief classroom session follows this, discussing both in and out of car distractions before getting back out on the tarmac for Drive 2 which focuses on parking and pulling away under pressure
- After a quick break its time for the final drive out on the race circuit which will include dealing with being overtaken and tailgaters
- There will then be a short debrief and presentation of your well-earned Startline Advance PLUS certificate!
Approx. 4hr 15mins course with about 1hr 15mins of actual driving time
£TBC per young driver aged 12-16yrs. Standard terms apply. Student must have completed the Advanced Drive Course at Castle Combe Circuit.
What the drivers have said:
“The Startline Advance Plus Course was great! Even more fun than the Advanced course, with much more driving time on the circuit. The parking exercises were as expected, rather difficult, but very useful practise. I would definitely recommend this course to my friends.”
James, 14 – July 2014
Startline Starter Drive
|29/07/2014 @ 08:30||
|29/07/2014 @ 10:45||
|Fully Booked||Fully Booked|
|12/08/2014 @ 10:45||
|Fully Booked||Fully Booked|
|12/08/2014 @ 08:30||
|28/10/2014 @ 08:30||
Startline Advanced Drive
|29/07/2014 @ 13:00||
|Fully Booked||Fully Booked|
|12/08/2014 @ 13:00||
|28/10/2014 @ 13:00||
Gift vouchers also available (valid for 12-months from date of purchase).
If you have more people in your party than the maximum number shown, then please call us.